I try to eat healthy for the most part, but I let myself indulge with sweet treats every once in a while. I love baking but try to limit myself, so my coworkers and roommates usually reap the benefits because if I have baked goods laying around the house…. they will get eaten.
It was my coworker’s birthday on Tuesday and he requested mini cheesecakes. I wanted something quick because I was “baking” these after work on Monday so I went with the no-bake recipe and they did NOT disappoint.
- 2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (you can buy pre-crumbed or crush your own)
- 10 Tbsp Butter, melted (I used half salted, half unsalted, but if you don’t like sweet and salty you could just use all unsalted!)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer until smooth, scrape down sides with rubber spatula if needed.
- Gradually add in sweetened condensed milk until well incorporated.
- Add fresh lemon juice and vanilla and blend all together, make sure there are no lumps.
- For the crust, combine the crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon and stir until you get the consistency similar to brown sugar, it should pack easily.
- Place paper cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Put two tablespoons of crust mixture in each cup and pack down with back of the spoon.
- Once all of the crusts are finished, fill the rest of the cups with the cheesecake filling, leaving some room at the top for the strawberry sauce and sliced berries.
- For the sauce, remove stems from strawberries and add half to a blender with maple syrup or honey for about a minute, until liquid.
- Pour mixture over a sieve into a bowl to catch the seeds and press down with spatula to push sauce through.
- Place a teaspoon of sauce in each cup and swirl with a toothpick or knife.
- Slice the remaining strawberries thinly lengthwise and lay over top of each cup as the picture shows, feel free to get creative!!
- Use the extra strawberry sauce to drizzle on top if desired.
- Since these are no-bake cheesecakes, they won’t set like the baked versions. I highly recommend freezing them and taking out about 30 minutes before serving, or they will get “soupy” and while the flavor is there, they will be messy and ugly!
I had some extra filling at the end, which you could save and use for topping on waffles (heavenly) or if you want more than 12 you could use less crust mixture in each cup to use all of the filling. I only have one regular-sized muffin tin so I opted to save the filling.
As usual, if you try these please tag me on Instagram @thegoodybagg so I can see your attempt!