I make my cashew milk every week or so and I’m constantly looking for ways to use the leftover pulp. These decadent bites loaded with healthy fats and protein are my newest experiment and boy are they delicious. They are perfect for a quick pick-me-up when you need a boost of energy… whether you’re hitting that 3pm slump at work, on your way to the gym, or even for an easy make-shift breakfast on the go!
- 3/4 cup Cashew Meal/Flour. (Almond meal could be substituted.)
- 1 scoop Protein Powder (I used PEScience Gourmet Vanilla.)
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tsp. Maca Powder (Optional, but adds a great flavor and is a superfood!)
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Butter
- 1/4 cup Cashew Milk (Can use any nut milk desired.)
- 4 Tbsp. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (for rolling)
- Mix cashew meal, protein powder, collagen peptides, maca powder and coconut butter together in a large bowl.
- Slowly stir in the milk until you get a cookie dough-like consistency. You might not use all of the milk or feel free to add more if the mixture is too dry.
- Scoop out a tablespoon and gently form into a ball until dough is gone, my batch made 15 balls.
- Add the shredded coconut to a small bowl and roll each ball until fully coated.
- Place rolled bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer for about 30 minutes until hardened.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
Each energy ball is just under 90 calories and has 5g of protein and 6g of healthy fats!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @thegoodybagg if you make these! Check out my other cashew inspired bites here if you want to try another version!
4 thoughts on “Cashew Coconut Energy Balls”
These are amazing when you go on a hike, I’m going this weekend and would love to prepare these 😊
Let me know how it goes!! I recommend storing in the freezer until you pack up, they tend to get too soft if they’re left out for too long if they are only stored in the fridge 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the tip! 🙂