I’ve always been more of a chai latte lover than a coffee drinker. When I experimented with my first turmeric latte last month it was reminiscent of chai drinks I’ve had in the past, so delicious.
This latte has become a staple in my routine because of the amazing health benefits and medicinal properties that turmeric possesses. It serves as an anti-inflammorty and has a ton of antioxidants. I either drink it before bed on weekdays or in the morning on weekends when I’m able to make a nice breakfast that I can sit down and enjoy.
- 10oz Cashew Milk (you can use any milk you prefer.)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- Crack of Black Pepper
- Heat the milk and honey in a small sauce pan on medium/low heat, stir until honey is melted.
- Whisk in the turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and black pepper to the heated milk and honey.
- Keep whisking often to create a nice layer of foam.
- Once the milk starts to simmer (not bubble) and let off steam, turn off heat.
- Pour mixture through a mesh strainer into your mug of choice. (optional)
I’ve tried turmeric in other recipes, but so far this is my favorite way to incorporate it into my diet! What are your favorite ways to add turmeric?
4 thoughts on “Turmeric Latte”
Simple and easy recipe… But a doubt here… Isn’t latte a form of coffee do why should this drink be called turmeric milk rather than calling it a turmeric latte
Actually, latte directly translates to milk in Italian. A caffe latte is a latte made with coffee, but tea versions like chai tea lattes and matcha lattes are very common. Hope you’ll give it a try!
Thanks for this information… Makes sense to me
I ll try it for sure for its health benefits